The concept of online betting or gambling is familiar to everyone. And just like sports betting, e-sports betting is all about placing your bet on a specific player or a team based on your speculations of whether they’re winning or losing, but it’s all done online. Even though e-sports betting is new, it has been gaining a lot of popularity in the last couple of years and expected to reach $1.5 billion by 2020. The industry is growing fast, and a lot of online casinos are starting to add the eSports betting feature on their sites.
How does it work?
When trying eSports betting for the first time, you will find that it has three betting options. You may find more betting options as you go through several websites, but betting outright, match winner, and totals are the main categories that you’ll find on all online casinos and betting sites.
this option allows you to place your bet on a certain player or a team before the game starts. You can bet on the team that will win the whole tournament or who will continue to the next stage. You will also be able to find some events where you can bet on which team will be eliminated. According to Vulkan bet betting outright is one of the most popular options for players, because it’s more challenging than others. Not all people prefer placing their bets before the game starts, but the majority of players like taking the risk based on their beliefs and guesses.
from its name you can conclude that it’s a match to match basis, you place your bet on a single match according to your speculations about who will win.
This option is a bit different than the other two. You will not bet on who will win, but rather the total score of a tournament or number of kills in a game.
Type of games
eSports is not limited to sports only, but in fact, you’ll find five main areas that formulate eSports.
- First-person shooter – these are combat games played by an individual or a team, one of the well-known games in this area is Call Of Duty.
- Multiplayer online battle arena – this is a team-based arena, where two teams are placed to play against each other. Based on the attendees and prizes for the last couple of years, the League OF Legends and Defense Of The Ancients 2 are the two most popular games in the multiplayer online battle arena.
- Sports simulation – that’s a recreation of real sports such as FIFA and Rocket League
- Fighting games – this is one of the classics of video games, where the game is based on a virtual combat. The most popular examples are a Street Fighter and Mortal Combat.
- Casual games – these are a simpler kind of games that you don’t need much experience to engage in, it usually includes matches that end quickly like Clash Royale and Hearthstone
There are hundreds of websites for e-sports betting. However, if you’re trying it for the first time, you should choose the website you’re going to play on carefully. You should make sure that the site is licensed and know what type of betting options available. Not all sites have the same options and categories; that’s why it’s important to have a tour before placing your bets.